HD Labels are one of the leading suppliers of label printing & finishing equipment in the UK and require a full time, Print Production Operative to support our growing print service. Based in Andover, in a modern office, this is a great opportunity to become a big part of a small, expanding team. Experience using Ai & PS would be preferable but training can be provided. If you are motivated, professional and would enjoy a varied role giving you trust and responsibility to perform.
Key Responsibilities of a Print Production Operative
- Basic artwork design, creation of proofs & customer interaction. We use Ai & PS for our design work. Training can be given but previous experience would be great.
- Processing of production tasks and true start to finish of jobs. Setup, printing, finishing, packing & shipping of jobs.
- The applicant will be accountable for prioritising work with the team, completing tasks and hitting deadlines.
- Running & basic maintenance / cleaning of all the machinery in-house & the working area.
- Taking deliveries & packing then shipping orders.
- The roll is based out of the office in Andover. It is a modern, clean environment with a real focus on staff and the working area. Production is a working demo room for our machine sales so customers will visit to see everything in action.
Qualities and experience
- Ideally experience in a print environment but not compulsory
- Have computer or printer hardware experience
- Have Adobe Ai or PS experience
- Competent and reliable.
- Be self-motivated and flexible.
- Have good communication skills with the ability to work alone or within a team.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity always.
- Be methodical with good attention to detail.
- Take pride in their work.
- Be able to communicate effectively and positively with customers.
- Have good problem-solving skills.
- £18k – £21k depending on experience, with room to grow as they develop in the company
- 8.30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday but some flexibility if needed.
- Occasional overtime depending on work loads
- Small but growing company with a chance to grow with it.
- Company Pension.
- Relaxed working environment.
- Great opportunity to become an integral part of a close team
Key Features/ Perks
- We’re a mixture of under 40’s who work hard but do enjoy a laugh. We enjoy bonding days or evenings out fairly regularly throughout the year for events or just to get together.
- Full training on all of our equipment will be given by us.
- We do get together out of the office now and again but also like to challenge ourselves with something big once a year. We try to make it something we can all do. For example, we’ve done simple assault course days, or escape rooms up to 100km walk challenges.
Why you should join
The label industry is growing rapidly, and we have evolved over the past 8 years into being one of the leading suppliers of professional label printing equipment in the UK. To continue our level of service we need an additional production team member to cope with the growing workload.
Based in Andover, we are fairly close to the town but there are shops and places to eat nearby, and the train station is a 5-minute walk away. We have plenty of parking.
We moved into our new offices in 2017 and they have been re-decorated and are very modern. We’ve new PC’s, furniture etc and it is a very nice place to work.
To express your interest on our vacancy for a Print Production Operative, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01264 335118
We look forward to hearing from you.