This is a great opportunity to get in early and grow with a modern business and be a big part of a small team, whilst getting to work with many different types of industries and customers.
Job Role: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Andover, Hampshire
Salary: Depending on experience
About HD Labels
We are an award-winning UK supplier of label printing and finishing equipment, offering a world-class service to our customers for over 11 years. We run a full range of machinery in house along with robotic duplication equipment and were recognised as the Afinia Distributor of the Year 2020, 2021 & 2022
As our business continues to grow, we are now seeking an additional Technical Support Engineer to become a part of our team and support us in our expansion. We want to continue remaining fresh as the company evolves into new industries. You will be working for an inspiring and dedicated senior management team, with excellent opportunities to develop in the company.
We are very proud of our premium service and whilst we do not profess to be the cheapest, we offer the best service which ultimately gives the best value for money, and we will always go the extra mile for our customers. As a small business it allows us to react to our customer needs and make decisions quickly, and it means we need to be flexible, which is always appreciated by the customer.
Key Responsibilities of a Technical Support Engineer
- Provide 1st level tech support to customers & share responsibility of day-to-day support enquiries.
- Installation of new machines & provide end user training.
- Diagnosis & repair of equipment both internally & at the customer site.
- Backup to in-house print / production facility.
- The roll is based at the office in Andover, but you will be required to go out and fix machines, service etc. This currently equates to circa 2 days out a week and could be spread across the engineers.
Qualities and experience
- Experienced service engineer (or similar).
- Have computer or printer hardware experience.
- Competent and reliable.
- Be self-motivated and flexible.
- Have good communication skills with the ability to work alone or within a team.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity always.
- Be methodical with good attention to detail.
- Take pride in their work.
- Able to work away from home for multiple days if needed.
- Be able to communicate effectively and positively with customers.
- Have good problem-solving skills.
- Ideally someone into repair of PC / printer components and tech support.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Salary depending on experience, with room to grow as you develop in the company
- 9am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Occasional overnight stay if travelling far or at a trade show.
- Small but growing company with a chance to grow with it.
- Company Pension.
- Relaxed working environment.
- Opportunity to supply, support and visit companies of all sizes in many diverse industries from gaming to farming & food, so it’s never boring and each day a new challenge.
Key Features/ Perks
- Become a big part of a small team.
- We’re a mixture of under 45’s who work hard but do enjoy a laugh. We enjoy bonding days or evenings out fairly regularly throughout the year for events or just to get together.
- Full training on all of our equipment will be given by us and the manufacturers if required.
- We do get together out of the office now and again but also like to challenge ourselves with something big once a year. We try to make it something we can all do. For example, we’ve done simple assault course days, or escape rooms up to 100km walk challenges.
Why you should join
The label industry is growing rapidly, and we’ve evolved over the past 10 years into being one of the leading suppliers of professional label printing equipment in the UK. To continue our level of service we need an additional engineer to meet demand.
Based in Andover, we are fairly close to the town but there are shops and places to eat nearby, and the train station is a 5-minute walk away.
We have modern, clean offices and as with the service and solutions we offer, they are all at a high standard and it is a very nice place to work.
To express your interest on our vacancy for a Technical Support Engineer, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the link below to contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Below is a quick overview of HD Labels